Media Contact (NOT FOR
for fastest service, visit:
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl MacDonald, Festival Director
For Immediate Release:
26th Annual San Francisco Free Folk Festival
June 15-16, 2002
WHAT: The San Francisco Free Folk Festival kicks off on Saturday, June 15 and runs through Sunday, June 16. Activities run from noon til round midnight both Saturday and Sunday. As the name suggests, the festival is free, and features folk, blues, new acoustic and international music.In addition to performances by nationally recognized performers and favorite local artists, there are hands-on music and dance workshops, special childrens activities, and programs for the entire family.
Performers this year will include:
- STEVE SESKIN, one of America's premiere songwriters
- MICHAEL McNEVIN, whose songs tell stories of American
- THE SHUT-INS, eclectic performers melding traditional, folk and country styles with a taste for the unusual
- community-based WORLD HARMONY CHOIR
- dynamic Scottish Country Dance as performed by the DUNSMUIR SCOTTISH DANCERS
and many more!
Food will be available onsite, and there will also be a Music and Crafts Marketplace.
WHEN: Noon-11 p.m. Saturday, June 15
Noon-10:30 p.m. Sunday, June 16
WHERE: Roosevelt Middle School, 460 Arguello St., San Francisco
(Reachable by MUNI lines 1, 2 and 38)
FOR MORE INFORMATION: 510-287-9095; www.sffolkfest.org; email: email@example.com